Login or Create an Account
2024 Board of Directors Student Member Candidate Submissions
Create a New Account
2024 Board of Directors Student Member Candidate
PAEA is accepting applications for the Student Member at Large position on the PAEA Board of Directors.
This position provides a wonderful opportunity for a student leader to
- Further develop leadership skills
- Make important professional connections
- Get an inside look at how PAEA works
- Learn about the major issues in health care and higher education
- Provide the student perspective on PA education to the Board of Directors.
Terms of Service: The term for the student member-at-large will begin January 1, 2024, and end December 31, 2025.
Candidates must have student status in a PAEA member program as of September 1, 2023.
Travel Commitments: The student member at large will attend quarterly Board meetings, typically 2-3 days in length (may be virtual and/or In-person) and the annual Education Forum. In person meetings are typically held at the PAEA national office, with an off-site retreat held in another city once per year. All expenses will be covered by PAEA, including attendance at the Education Forum during the shadowing phase.
The application should include the following components:
- A brief statement of interest, 500 words or less
- A Program Director Certification Form
- A current and complete curriculum vitae (CV); use this template as a guide
- Responses to the questions below, demonstrating the applicant’s knowledge of the Association, its strategic plan, and current education initiatives.
- Responses are limited to 300 words each.
- What do you see as your role, as student member, in the development of PA education?
- Where do you see the PA profession in 5-10 years and what is PAEA’s role in helping programs prepare for that future?
- What unique characteristics and experiences would you bring to the PAEA Board of Directors?
Applications Deadline: Friday May 19, 11:59 p.m. ET.
- Final candidates selected will participate in a phone interview with a Board panel
- The SMAL appointed will shadow the current SMAL for the remainder of the year, including attendance at the 2023 Education Forum.
Please contact Ashley Bray at abray@PAEAonline.org with any questions